It’s official! We have been in our members’ offices for 5 weeks, and OLIP is in full swing. By now, the interns have learned how their office functions and how to best support their member. We have written member statements, questions, briefings, twenty minute hits in the house, and almost anything else you can think a staffer might write. We have sit in on a range of stakeholder meetings and are learning just how important individuals’ and groups’ voices are in advocating for change. Despite our busy schedules, we make sure to attend the majority of receptions — you will always be able to find at least two OLIP interns at any given reception.
We are cognizant of the fact that time is moving all too quickly. Already one month is gone, and we only have three left until our next placement. Our first study tour to Ottawa is approaching in two weeks. Also, our Fall Reception is one week from today!
This week, we also have the pleasure of hosting the interns from our sister program, the Parliamentary Internship Program (PIP). This is the first time the PIP interns have visited in five years, and it is wonderful to get to know them. We will be seeing them soon when we visit Ottawa.
We are learning a lot and enjoy ourselves during the process. We adore the job, and certainly do not take this opportunity for granted. If anyone is interested in who we are placed with, it is as follows:
- Braelyn is placed with MPP Norm Miller, Parry Sound-Muskoka
- Clara is placed with MPP Doug Downey, Barrie-Springwater-Oro-Medonte
- Hudson is placed with MPP Goldi Gamari, Carleton
- Jad is placed with MPP Prabmeet Sarkaria, Brampton West
- Janessa is placed with MPP Ross Romano, Sault Ste. Marie,
- Linda is placed with MPP Laura Mae Lindo, Kitchener Centre
- Munisha is placed with MPP Michael Mantha, Algoma-Manitoulin
- Nikki is placed with MPP Marit Stiles, Davenport
- Nish is placed with MPP Bhutila Karpoche, Parkdale-High Park
- Peter is placed with MPP Kathleen Wynne, Don Valley West